Under what conditions is withdrawal to bank account not approved by paypal.

SamitChandra
Contributor
Contributor
This has happened for the first time that my withdrawal has been put to pending. Usually it happens automatically the next day morning. This time I tried instant withdrawl since the amount was more than I usually recieve. I've been told that it's been audited by internal review team. So, my question is under what conditions does this happen? PayPal says they review every transaction but then why was this transaction specifically identified as 'high risk'. I was informed for customer support that it was so because I initiated immediate withdrawal of an amount larger than my usual.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamitChandra 

When someone pays you its never instant, paypal credit you in advance and paypal wait for the incoming transfer from the buyers.

This is mostly when buyers use bank transfer as paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and it goes via ACH in batches taking up to a week. 

So if you withdraw immediately its paypals credited funds you are withdrawing so if its a large amount they sometimes put it on a 72 hour so called security review to slow it down and allow the buyers funds to play 'catch up'. This is again because if the buyers bank transfer is going to fail then it normally does in the first 72 hours. It also depends on paypals cash flow at the time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamitChandra 

When someone pays you its never instant, paypal credit you in advance and paypal wait for the incoming transfer from the buyers.

This is mostly when buyers use bank transfer as paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and it goes via ACH in batches taking up to a week. 

So if you withdraw immediately its paypals credited funds you are withdrawing so if its a large amount they sometimes put it on a 72 hour so called security review to slow it down and allow the buyers funds to play 'catch up'. This is again because if the buyers bank transfer is going to fail then it normally does in the first 72 hours. It also depends on paypals cash flow at the time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SamitChandra
Contributor
Contributor
It wasn't that big an amount. I usually accept $10-30 and this was the first time I accepted $80 at once. My another withdrawal of €10 went straight through. How can I prevent this from happening again?
Login to Me Too

msnvy
New Community Member

I tried transferring $60 on 5/2/20 and it went under review. $131 and $21 and it all went under review. I just want my money from Paypal. If they received it from someone to give to me after 3 business days my funds should be available!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.