Unclaimed Payments on PayPal with Wix site

NPEnL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, a buyer purchased one of my items on our Wix ecommerce site and she payed with PayPal and then I got an email that said unclaimed payment, My  PayPal account is a business account but after I've read the email about the unclaimed payment Spoke with PayPal Tech support and also with customer support but no resolution yet after trying various stuff they asked me to do. 

Any of you know the way to get this resolved?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Rsets
New Community Member

You're not alone, I tried calling wix multiple times (they hung up on my once but thats a different story) finally they said they will bring it up to someone who can fix the problem and will contact me on email. I never had this issue as payments with paypal usually went through right away. One of the payment has been pending for three days.  Currently waiting for customer rep from paypal to call back. 

Login to Me Too

Cosmeticcatt
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having this problem as well two payments are stuck pending with no way to claim, accept, or refund. They’re just stuck in the void.

Login to Me Too

objectatim
New Community Member

Same problem here, we just opened our store, it accepted one Paypal payment then everything else hasn't showed up, got 10 payola payments tagged as unclaimed with no record at all on WIX orders page . Any clues from WIX as to what is going on? I assumed I had set it up wrong but it looks like since we got one payment through and others have also had this problem it may run deeper.

Login to Me Too

Cosmeticcatt
Contributor
Contributor
Yep I got one order through fine, then two pending. I switched my PayPal account to a business account and all of them since the two pending have come through fine. It seems those two are stuck in a void that neither PayPal or wix can’t find. My hope is that in 30 days the money is sent back to my customers and they’ll be good enough people to send it again.
Login to Me Too

Manayi
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue with 4 orders pending. It's embarassing and alarming that I'm reading more similar cases here. Paypal are you taking note here of all these issues being raised. Trying to contact customer support for this!

Login to Me Too

Manayi
Contributor
Contributor

some mild success yes. turns out there was an incorrect spelling on the paypal account which would have explained why the payments were still pending. My best advice I'd give is ask the customers to cancel from their end the payment which is what I did then resend with the correct details. This did work for me eventually.

I hope you have some luck your end too. Double check spelling..it can often be a small but annoying oversight

Login to Me Too

Mowdck
New Community Member
We’re currently having this same issue. We have 8-10 payments from one day for a Merch store we opened on wix, stuck in unclaimed, with no way to claim. Plus, from the customers end there is no way to cancel the payment. Has anyone had luck with this? Plus... PayPal’s customer service is junk, you can’t ever speak to a representative.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.