Uncertain of a reoccurring monthly charge

MrBuffalo
Contributor
Contributor

I am brand new to this way of communicating. I keep getting a $3.49 charge on my VISA called "PAYPAL OATHHOLDING YAH". I MAY VERY WELL HAVE APPROVED THIS CHARGE, BUT I JUST DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS. I HAVE READ SOME OF THE postings that say it's a Yahoo add on money grab Nickle/dime you to death situation. I do still use Yahoo even though my friends kind of laugh at me, but I've had it for 30 plus years and I also have gmail but I am not as comfortable with that. Plus my Yahoo is what I have always used for my business of 30 years. (I just turned 70!! YIKES).

Back to the instant query, what is OATHHOLDERS and is it a required payment to use Yahoo? What if one just stopped paying it? Lastly, I was horrified when I at first thought I was somehow contributing monthly to the oath holders white supremacist group that stormed the Capitol Bldg on Jan 6th. I don't want to get political here, but I do not want to support those I do not necessarily support.  I just want to know what this $3.49 "PAYPAL OATHHOLDING YAH" charge was for.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrBuffalo 

Oath Holdings is the name Yahoo chose to bill you for the upgraded e mail service they supply.  

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ruthlessnessmh
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I had this happen just now,
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.