Unauthorized transactions

dannyk87
New Community Member

Hello,

First of all let me excuse me for my lack of English grammar, it is not my first language. The 25th and the 26st of March 2019, my PayPal account was compromised (I have no idea how) and two orders were placed at some webshop where I never ordered anything nor am I a costumer there.

When I look at the transaction details, I see an adres in the United Kingdom and some random name I have never seen or heard of before. I do not know this person (I think it's a PO box.)

So i instantly reported both transactions to PayPal for being unauthorized. Two hours later I get an e-mail from PayPal saying that my report was invalid and the transactions were authorized. The helpdesk is currently closed where I live, and won't open until tomorrow (it's 01:02 AM here) but I am really upset and I feel helpless about what to do.

I have been a PayPal member since 2007 and this has never happened to me before. A total amount of  258,68 euro's was payed and I think this is an awful lot of money.

Thank you for reading this, hope you can help me out what to do next.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.