Unauthorised transaction

scarletthollie7
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from Paypal regarding 2 recent transactions via eBay. The person had been in contact prior to the purchase and afterwards, left positive feedback - l am totally confused as to why this has occurred and what can l do about it. Have replied to the email with all the relevant information - would appreciate any comments. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scarletthollie7 wrote:

I received an email from Paypal regarding 2 recent transactions via eBay. The person had been in contact prior to the purchase and afterwards, left positive feedback - l am totally confused as to why this has occurred and what can l do about it. Have replied to the email with all the relevant information - would appreciate any comments. Thank you

It is possible that these accounts were accessed without authorization. If you did your part to meet the requirements of seller protection, you should be covered. Click "Legal" at the bottom of any page on PayPal to look up the Seller Protection requirements in the PayPal User agreement.

What has most likely happened is that the cardholder didn't recognize the charge on the card, or the card was reported lost or stolen and the credit card company themselves is disputing charges until they are shown as legit.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scarletthollie7 wrote:

It is possible that these accounts were accessed without authorization. If you did your part to meet the requirements of seller protection, you should be covered. Click "Legal" at the bottom of any page on PayPal to look up the Seller Protection requirements in the PayPal User agreement.

What has most likely happened is that the cardholder didn't recognize the charge on the card, or the card was reported lost or stolen and the credit card company themselves is disputing charges until they are shown as legit.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Fatema3
Contributor
Contributor
Had a unauthorised, I have contacted PayPal and advise of this but they have cancelled the wrong transaction instead!!! What do I need to do so the unauthorised can be looked at and cancelled/ refunded back to as I know nothing about this payment!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.