Unauthorised refund send to bank account

Coolbabe02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Groupon refunded a voucher due to merchant issues yesterday. I purchased the voucher back in October. I had 2 emails from PayPal.com confirming the refund. Then a third from PayPal.co.uk saying that the refund had been successfully withdrawn to my personal bank account. Only probably was that I was in work the whole time and unaware of the transactions. I asked PayPal to clarify who/how the money withdrawal was made via the resolution centre but that was closed without a reply. Can anyone shed any light please? I did not ask for that money to be withdrawn and its my understanding that refunds usually stay in your PayPal account unless paid on credit card, which then get refunded back to the card. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coolbabe02

It a fairly recent feature (beginning some time mid last year I guess) with refunding of bank payments where it now gets automatically withdrawn back to your bank account whereas before it just stayed in your PayPal balance until you manually withdraw it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coolbabe02

It a fairly recent feature (beginning some time mid last year I guess) with refunding of bank payments where it now gets automatically withdrawn back to your bank account whereas before it just stayed in your PayPal balance until you manually withdraw it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Coolbabe02
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!
Login to Me Too

seb_driver
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Is there a option to switch the automated refunds off ?? Cheers Seb.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.