Unauthorised Microsoft payments

Richylatt33
Contributor
Contributor
I’m getting 10.99 taken from my PayPal per month by Microsoft. I have not authorised this and it’s happened 4 times now. It says ultimate one month!! PayPal are refusing to do anything about it and rejecting my claims online and on phone. I have contacted Microsoft and they agree with me and said that I don’t have a subscription and they aren’t taking any money from me but PayPal still refuse to do anything and are still rejecting my claim. What do I do now and how can I get my money back? I won’t be using PayPal again 🤬🤬
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richylatt33 

You may have set up a billing agreement in the process of making previous transactions and didn't cancel it so according to PayPal so they are considering it authorized currently.

Check your autopay page...

Personal Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Business Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and select Cancel on the next page.

Contact Microsoft to issue you a refund. Always monitor your auto pay page after you've checkout out somewhere as you give authorization for future purchases to go through. Remember to cancel it once your transaction completes if you don't want strange transactions occurring. PayPal sends out an email to you when you've canceled a billing agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richylatt33 

You may have set up a billing agreement in the process of making previous transactions and didn't cancel it so according to PayPal so they are considering it authorized currently.

Check your autopay page...

Personal Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Business Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and select Cancel on the next page.

Contact Microsoft to issue you a refund. Always monitor your auto pay page after you've checkout out somewhere as you give authorization for future purchases to go through. Remember to cancel it once your transaction completes if you don't want strange transactions occurring. PayPal sends out an email to you when you've canceled a billing agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Richylatt33
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve not got anything set up. Microsoft said I haven’t and they aren’t taking money from me, I have no account no subscription nothing yet PayPal say I do
Login to Me Too

Christ17
New Community Member
Why is PayPal Microsoft ultimate charging me 1499 I’ve never authorize this!
Login to Me Too

BigHunter08
New Community Member
I have the exact same problem and same reason but they're taking $15.81 out from me!
Login to Me Too

Borisemo
Contributor
Contributor
Its an xbox live subscription folks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.