Unable to use bank account

andre079
Contributor
Contributor

I have an approved bank account (that I have used before for sending money, making online payments, etc..). For whatever reason, I am not able to do any of that anymore.

Whenever I try to complete a purchase online, it says I have no payment methods and prompts me to add a card/bank again. However, when logging in to the app/desktop I can see my bank as the preferred payment method. 
Whenever I try to send money to someone, it also tells me to link a card. (Which I have never had. I like only having my bank as a payment method.)

It makes no sense.....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andre079 

Paypal sometimes disable the link between paypal and your bank if you have had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Or they may ask you to add a card as a back up funding source before you can re-start using your bank account.

Or check the direct debit mandate in your online banking and make sure you have not cancelled the paypal one (if you have that option in your country). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andre079
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

do you know how to "re-enable" that link between PayPal and the bank? I don't want to use any card on my PayPal account so I would hate it if that were the only solution to this.

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.