Unable to send money to a friend using a verified credit card.

NeedHlp
Contributor
Contributor

I want to send money to a friend using a credit card and am okay with paying the fee associated with it. When I tried to do so this week, I could not send the transaction because the send payment now button was grayed out. A message appeared and indicated, to avoid fees I should link a bank account. A button appeared to link an account, but the make payment button was still grayed out. I prefer not to link the bank account and okay with just having the credit card there. I did this with no issues just 2 weeks ago. Has anything changed recently with sending money to a friend? Any ideas without having to link a bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @NeedHlp,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to send a payment using the card that you wish to use. It's possible that the card has been ruled out for the transaction. Declines can happen for multiple reasons. If the problem persists, please contact customer service for troubleshooting and assistance.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.