Unable to send money even though i have a bank account linked

aaronjgeorge
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to send money even though I have a bank account linked. I sent a friend of mine money twice yesterday and he refunded it because it kept getting sent as services and goods instead of F&F, but on my third attempt I was unable to send the money and they are now asking me to add a credit card on the app. I tried the same through the website but on attempting to send the money, it just says that the transaction cannot be processed. How do I solve this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aaronjgeorge 

You guys keep sending and refunding and I understand the reason but its triggering error messages, asking for credit card as back up and the security system. This means that the system is beginning to sense risk or risky behavior. No offense intended but cut it out already. Leave the account alone for few days (website) so security can reset or add a credit card (app). 

There is a new dialog window that pops up when sending money (at least on the website and for US accts) that you can turn on or off the buyer protection. Turn it off when sending friends and family payment. Turn it on for goods and services.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.