Unable to refund payment, ignored by customer support

SamPie
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment in wrong currency (THB).
Right away I tried to refund the transaction and paypal system said I could not because I didn't have funds available. 
That shouldn't be correct because I just received the money and I should be able to send it back right? (I did not spend anything)

Then I tried to reach out to paypal support. This resulted in being completely ignored and conversation didn't get any answer, yet marked as "solved".

Is there any way to solve this? Maybe somehow get human attention, because being totally ignored is not really helpful.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamPie 

Refunds are normally sourced from either a paypal balance OR bank account (some countries differ).
However you need to have the full amount of the refund in your balance for that option to be used.
As paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid then you may not have the full amount and so your bank account will be used instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SamPie 

Refunds are normally sourced from either a paypal balance OR bank account (some countries differ).
However you need to have the full amount of the refund in your balance for that option to be used.
As paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid then you may not have the full amount and so your bank account will be used instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.