Unable to refund eBay payments

Amit234Raj
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted customer service earlier through email many times but I haven't got a reply. So I am asking this question from the community. Somebody, please reply soon as I need to refund to the buyer fast

I want to issue a refund to a buyer who purchased one of my product through eBay. The total amount the Buyer paid is $14.40 I see that there is a fee of $1.02 so that total money on hold is $13.38. I am from India and the buyer is from the USA.

Now when I tried to refund this payment I failed and got this message "We were unable to complete this payment. Please add funds to your PayPal account and try again"

Please note that I need to make a full refund ($14.40) to the buyer

Here are the questions:

1) Since he paid $14.40 and I need to refund the full amount. How will I refund the payment?
2) What will happen in this case: I add my Credit/Debit card and then issue the refund. Now, what amount will be deducted from my Credit/Debit card in this case? Will it be the entire $14.40 or just the funds that I need to add like fee ($1.02)? Also, will there be any fee for the refund in this case and will that fee will refund back to me?
3) If the entire $14.40 is deducted from my Credit/Debit card will that balance on hold ($13.38) be sent to my bank account after the refund is completed?
4) Can this happen I refund only what is on hold on my PayPal account i.e. $13.38 and the rest $1.02 is refunded back from the PayPal? The thing is buyer should get a full refund of $14.40 Please reply soon. I need to refund the payment fast. I have actually contacted customer support 5 times through email but haven't got a reply.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.