Unable to receive payments

Cantersijn
Contributor
Contributor

A friend is trying to send me money from her paypal account to mine. But she receives a notification that I can only receive payments from my website. But I don't have a website. I have a personal account.

How can I change this? Is it in some settings? Because I never had a website and am not selling anything. It's just to receive money from one personal account to the other.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Chiara

Hi @Cantersijn

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

I understand that your friend is trying to send you some funds. You don't need a website to receive payments, you only need to provide the email address of your PayPal account and make sure that the email is confirmed. Please check if your email address is confirmed using the steps on this article: www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq1485.

I hope this helps.

Chiara

Contribuisci anche tu allo sviluppo della Community rispondendo alle domande di altri utenti, lasciando Kudos o accettando come soluzione altri post.
Login to Me Too

Cantersijn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chiara;

Thanks for your answer.

I haven't received any mail to confirm my e-mail address.

But in settings (following the steps in the article) I don't have an option either to confirm my email.

So I don't think my email is confirmed but I can't find any way / option to confirm it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cantersijn 

@PayPal_Chiara 

The option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Netherlands Antilles 
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

I expect the moderator was reading it that you were in the Netherlands where you can receive funds.

The website message always comes up for countries that can't receive paypal payments as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.