Unable to pay, remove bank or close account

MrFlexy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as you can read from the title I have multiple problems and I tried everything to solve at least one of them with no success.

I already had a problem where I couldn't pay for the camera I was buying, as payment was over 1,000 I assumed that my payments are limited and I am unable to pay over 1,000 euros. However my dad tried to pay it with his PayPal account to help me and it worked without any problems, later I wanted to buy a new lens for the camera and even if it was 760~ I was somehow able to buy it so I just assumed that the problem is gone, until I got a message from Spotify saying they were unable to charge me for my premium account and that I should change my payment option, and when I tried to change it I realized I wasn't able to pay anything via PayPal. Every time I would try to pay for something I would get this message "Your transaction cannot be completed. Please return to the merchant.", I read on forums that I am supposed to wait for 1 hour before I try again but 2 days already passed since then and I still can't pay for my Spotify premium or anything else.

I have no other payment options, PayPal is my only option and that makes me wonder if I will be able to pay for my premium before I lose all the songs I had. Also when I try to remove the bank it says I can't due to pending payment, I have no idea what that means but I have it since 3-4 months already, as I accidentally opened a business account I am unable to close it too, it says I can't close my account and that I should contact PayPal support but everything I got was an automated message assuming my problems and giving me false solutions, nothing related to the topic.

It would be really nice of you if anyone could advise me on what should I do to make my PayPal functional again.

Sincerely,

Nikola

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrFlexy 

The security system is triggered because of various failed account actions and transactions. High value amounts when you previously don't have them or few and far in-between can trigger security and shoot out error messages to protect your account and PayPal from risk. If you get at least two error messages in a row, back off the account for a few days and then try again, if you keep repeating failed actions and forcing it, the account can lock up with error messages and longer to reset/cool down. This place is run by software.

Contact customer service to downgrade to a personal account. If you don't want to lose your Spotify account, use another away to pay for the month while you fix your account. Space out your transactions and don't blow up your account because the security sensitive.

Contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

1trackprojects1
Contributor
Contributor

@MrFlexy 

Your PayPal account is most likely limited. You should be getting a notification to submit a passport scan or id scan. If not follow the steps below to talk to a paypal agent.

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook US: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter US: @AskPayPal

Kudos & problem resolved are greatly appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrFlexy 

The security system is triggered because of various failed account actions and transactions. High value amounts when you previously don't have them or few and far in-between can trigger security and shoot out error messages to protect your account and PayPal from risk. If you get at least two error messages in a row, back off the account for a few days and then try again, if you keep repeating failed actions and forcing it, the account can lock up with error messages and longer to reset/cool down. This place is run by software.

Contact customer service to downgrade to a personal account. If you don't want to lose your Spotify account, use another away to pay for the month while you fix your account. Space out your transactions and don't blow up your account because the security sensitive.

Contact customer service:

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MrFlexy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help, as I did try to pay too many times already I will just leave it as it is and wait a few days, if the problem persists I will contact the support, also I will make sure to contact support regarding my business account and see if they can help me with the problem.

I will accept this answer as a solution since I will be waiting next few days, once again thank you for your answer.

Sincerely,

Nikola

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.