Unable to make payment with Paypal at Checkout after clicking "Agree and Continue"

timothyleung
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have this problem 80% of the time when I want to check out with PayPal. I have attached the screen shots. This happened on Patreon, when I check out, the following screen pops up

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 5.37.48 PM.png

After clicking agree and continue to make the payment, the following happened:

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 5.38.02 PM.png

It just shows a little  cross at the bottom and not doing anything else. 

FYI: My paypal balance is in USD but my account is based in HK.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @timothyleung

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble making payments. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you may be experiencing a connection issue. I recommend clearing your cache and cookies or trying a different web browser. If the error persists, you can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

I hope you're able to make payments normally again soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

chriscyh1998
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same problem, with making payments on US websites with Paypal Hong Kong, specifically those with Billing Agreements.

It occurs on pressing the Agree & Continue button.

The cross popup that you mentioned actually also has a lock icon in it, and no matter how I press Agree & Continue, it won't proceed.

I have tried 4 different browsers, 3 different networks. Same issue.

Paypalsnip.png

Login to Me Too

chriscyh1998
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I have messaged Paypal HK and the customer service agent advised me to select another payment method for my account.

Upon checking, I found that my Visa required further verification, and after that I did not face this problem again.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.