Unable to link PayPal to Facebook for peer to peer payments

Ryanb1372
Contributor
Contributor
So I tried to link my PayPal account to my Facebook so I could send a family member money for her birthday. After it prompted me to log in, it gives me the message "Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time." And when I contacted PayPal for help fixing this issue, they said to contact Facebook, but Facebook can't do anything because they are requesting permission from PayPal, & it's being denied by PayPal. Does anybody know how I can get this fixed so I can link my PayPal to Facebook & use FB Pay?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hey @Ryanb1372

Thanks for asking your question in our community. and welcome :). 

I understand that you are not able to link PayPal to your Facebook. In order to set up Pre-approved payments, you need to be able to send direct payments. We can only guarantee these if there is a credit card added to the PayPal account. If you don't have a creditcard it can help to have a PayPal balance. Sometimes this will allow you to link PayPal and Facebook. If there is a card added make sure that there is a balance on the card, or else the pre-approved payment can be denied as well. 

I hope these tips help. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.