Unable to link PayPal account with my PS4.

Sadanarshad
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason i am unable to link my PayPal account to PS4 account (Ireland based). Whenever I try to link it successfully authenticates me on PayPal but after that it gives “An error occurred while adding your PayPal account”.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ajnunezv
New Community Member

Hi,

Did you somehow got an answer for this?

Login to Me Too

Sadanarshad
Contributor
Contributor

Not in the ideal way. So basically, I had an Ireland based Playstation account and I was trying to configure a Dutch PayPal account which was not being accepted by Sony. It shouldn't matter but for some reason Sony doesn't accept this. 

So I had to create a new Dutch Playstation account and successfully created a Dutch based PayPal. 😌

Login to Me Too

_Pelumi_
New Community Member

@Sadanarshad  I think that's a walkaround.
Is there any solution to the error itself asides having to create another paypal account in the same country as the psn account

Login to Me Too

Sadanarshad
Contributor
Contributor

@_Pelumi_ not really, at least I didn't find the proper solution. I tried to talk to both customer services (Sony and Paypal), but nothing worked out. 

Login to Me Too

Janikaharv1
Contributor
Contributor
Why is this and how can I fix this
Login to Me Too

Reginand
New Community Member
Did any one find a situation to this problem
Login to Me Too

Maurtius
New Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Mauritius. Maybe you never heard about this Country but we exist😂

You can Google the country, it's at the Indian Ocean.

Sony Entertainment PS4

For some reason Sony didn't add my country in his List. which is quite annoying😓.

So I created an account using the country USA because almost every transaction work with $

On which my credit been rejected because of my Location😭

PayPal Account🤣

I was so happy to see that we can make payment through PayPal Account, and I have a PayPal Account😍

But😭 it didn't work. I got this message : "An error occurred while linking to PayPal" 

I have checked if by chance I can get this work But each time it's saying the same thing.

Question

What is the problem? 

Maybe

Because my PayPal Account is not from USA

Sony Entertainment don't want to link with other COUNRTY

Should I remove my card and try again. Using PayPal Balance

Thank you for reading, if you got an answer and solution Let me Know 

Cheers Have a nice time ALL

Login to Me Too

SapphireFlame
Contributor
Contributor
Do you remember when you had to use a Japanese address to set up your Japanese PSN? Yeah, your payment method's billing address has to match that.
Login to Me Too

TheMoor
Contributor
Contributor
If there's literally no other option, by the way I'm also having this issue, then you can try to buy gift cards and then top up that way on the PlayStation Store; By redeeming them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.