Unable to complete pre authorized payment to Spotify.

TheMetta
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Friend.

This month I was unable to complete my Spotify Premium purchase for unknown to me reasons.

Previously, I had my Spotify account linked with my PayPal for automatic payments of my premium subscription. It has taken from my PayPal account which is linked directly to my bank account the past 2 months without fault. However, when the payment was attempted this month, it could not go through. I have already been in contact with Spotify and after about 50 minutes of troubleshooting and attempts to make the purchase, we were unsuccessful and they have directed me to contact PayPal. I can't find the "Chat now" option to speak directly to a PayPal agent so I have come here in hopes a generous individual may have answers to this issue. 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

are you aware of the limits?

Login to Me Too

TheMetta
Contributor
Contributor

More context, please?

Login to Me Too

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

the limitations of paypal has reached

Login to Me Too

TheMetta
Contributor
Contributor

Again, can you please expand on "Limitations PayPal has reached". So far I'm still in the dark in regards to this issue lol

Login to Me Too

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

paypal tracks the traffic

Login to Me Too

TheMetta
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, thank you for that Information. I am aware of this. However, this does not explain why the purchase was unable to be completed in the first place?

Note: I am still in the process of contacting PayPal staff in regards to this.

Login to Me Too

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

every transaction is different for paypal

Login to Me Too

TheMetta
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry Erik, but you aren't actually providing me with any information about this issue other than stating common knowledge facts.

Of course, each payment is different with PayPal, but WHY is this specific Payment NOT working between PayPal and Spotify, when all of my details have been the same as they have been for the past 6 months? I came here hoping someone has gone through this before and would be able to share their experience with it and possibly help me come to a solution, and the only feeling I am getting from you is that you think I'm an idiot. 

Do you have any actual knowledge on this issue?? 

Login to Me Too

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

it could be freezed. because its inactive

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.