Unable to choose confirmed bank account as payment method at the checkout

BobkaGub
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to complete an online payment. I have a confirmed bank account (see the first photo for screenshot). However, at the checkout page (see the second screenshot) I have to add a payment method and cannot choose my bank account. When I try to add my (linked and confirmed) bank account, there is an error (see the third screenshot) saying "The bank account you want to add is already in your account". I am unable to make a payment because of it.

What I tried and didn't work:

Set my preferred payment option for online purchases to PayPal Balance and Bank account.

Called customer service - they say everything should be ok, and that I have to add payment method only when there is no other option available in my account. I have options - my bank account (see the first screenshot).

I would appreciate if someone could point where the problem lies.

Private info has been brushed out on the screenshots.

Thank you.

Confirmed accountConfirmed account

Checkout pageCheckout pageError when trying to add the accountError when trying to add the account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobkaGub 

Some companies will not allow any other funding source than a credit card so you could have hit one of those merchants?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobkaGub 

ok can't see screenshots as they haven't been approved by the moderators yet but have you had a failed bank transfer OR negative balance recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BobkaGub
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

No, as I have just created the account.

I tried to make a purchase at another vendor, and it worked fine - I could choose between using a PayPal balance or bank account.

But the original payment checkout (directed through worldpay) does not offer any options.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobkaGub 

Some companies will not allow any other funding source than a credit card so you could have hit one of those merchants?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BobkaGub
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I do not know if that's the case here. But if so, I am still given an option to add a bank account (and a credit card) as my payment option (see the third screenshot), which is strange.

Login to Me Too

BobkaGub
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

It seems to be the case here that the vendor only accepts credit card payments. I added card to my account to test it and I was given the option to use the card only at the checkout.

Login to Me Too

alyxkhelp
New Community Member

I'm attempting to send money to an individual, not to a company so the given resolution does not apply

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.