Unable to check account history.

Anon12345
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.

I have received an email from paypal regarding a refund from an ebay seller.

The email tells me to...

"Log in to your account and go to the 'History' subtab of the 'My Account' tab. If the Status of the payment is listed as 'Unclaimed', click the Accept button to reflect this transaction in your balance."

But these options are not available when I log into my account. Could anyone help me.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anon12345 

Log on to your account. 'History' should now be referring to the Activity page of course so click that. See if there is a pending payment for you to claim. Should probably even see the transaction to accept/claim from your Summary page. If you don't see any payment for you to claim, check if the email is really from PayPal. Were you expecting a refund?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anon12345
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I was expecting a refund and the email is definitely from Paypal. There are no pending payments on the activity. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Anon12345

Sorry if you're having a hard time identifying a refund that you were supposed to receive. 

If you did receive a refund, the easiest place to view it is in the original details of the payment you made. Make sure you're doing this from a PC and not a phone. You will be able to see the status updates of the transaction to understand if a refund is processed and where it went. Generally, money is refunded directly to the payment method that made the purchase. Let me know what you see. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.