Unable to Receive Payments from Card

davidmBPR
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a PayPal Business account linked to a Wix e-commerce website. When customers try to pay through PayPal with a card registered to their account the payment is declined. Payments made from Bank Accounts go through no problem but Cards will be declined.

A message comes up that the Card issuer has declined the payment but the customers bank have confirmed it is not them declining the transaction, they can not even see the transaction and told me it is definitely something with PayPal themselves.

I linked a personal PayPal account to the website and card payments were successful, as soon as I changed this account to a business account the card payments declined again. I have been putting through purchases myself so know the transactions are not going completing.

I have been in contact with PayPal's customer support and Merchant Support and neither have been able to resolve the issue. I have currently been told it is the bank, the bank have confirmed it is not them. I was then told it was Wix, Wix have confirmed it is not them as the card transactions went through successfully with the personal account and bank payments are successful. I was then told the customer had exceeded their credit limit, I have not exceeded my limit, especially on the £1 transactions I was trying to purchase. I have been told to clear my cache, cleared everything and still no joy. I was then told to check the Payment settings and what type of transactions are blocked, nothing there suggests card payments would be blocked. I have now been told to create an iZettle account. Still no joy.

2 months of going round in circles and just being passed from "support" team to "support" team I have no closer to being able to process card payments.

Surely I am not the only person that has experienced this issue? Can anybody help?

Thanks,
David

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.