Unable to Process Refunds

BluePlanet
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently this is an ongoing problem. eBay tells me that due to a technical issue they are unable to process refunds. This has been going on for 24 hours or more. I have refunds to process NOW. This is **bleep** with my metrics. Community Forum, what a freaking joke for support. There is of course no answers in the pathetic help system which makes it impossible to call anyone. Finally found a way to send an email. How absurd. So here I vent to people who can do nothing about it. Are these forums even read by an eBay employee. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BluePlanet 

Well I doubt Ebay would read this forum as this is Paypals forum and they are 2 separate companies.

Why not post on Ebays forum?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BluePlanet
Contributor
Contributor

Oops sorry. I typed that wrong. I know eBay and PayPal are now separate. Duh. I guess that I meant PayPal was too difficult for you to figure out and it was more fun to be a smarty pants.

PayPal has a programming problem. I discovered that if I put in any comment/text, PayPal says it has a technical issue and is unable to process the refund. If I leave the text box blank then it works. This is indeed a programming problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BluePlanet 

Well a lot of folks do NOT realise that Ebay and Paypal split a while ago which is why i stated it.

And also why I advised you to go and post on Ebays forum.

As for it being a Paypal 'issue' then it is not as I am issueing refunds with no problem in the last 2 weeks.

However there is a reason that it could be an Ebay issue but hey I don't want to be a smarty pants so I will keep that to myself.

So glad I gave up my time to try and give you advice, I certainly want bother in the future........bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.