Unable to Make Payment Synchrony Down?

gadget069
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to make my payment today for my PayPal Smart Connect Account and I keep getting this error when being transferred to Synchrony "We are unable to make the requested updates. Please try again later.
Please go back to Account Summary page Account Summary"

I may not remember to make the payment later today as I will be busy.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Hiraeth
Contributor
Contributor
Someone posted a link to a phone number in their response above, supposedly we can make payment through that. I’ll try it on Monday.
Login to Me Too

gadget069
Contributor
Contributor

the number i called to make a payment wa[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Login to Me Too

djones45t1at
Contributor
Contributor

The issue still persist even today my bill is due on the 5th.

Login to Me Too

hwlinux
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this issue since Saturday, 6/29 too.  What's the deal, Paypal???  Get it together.

Login to Me Too

ShinjiTakeyama
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. My bill isn't due quite so soon, but this is ridiculous, and it's not even the first time this has happened. 

If anybody has a payment coming up immediately, take screenshots of you trying to pay on the site just in case so you can refute any late fee BS they try and pin you with. 

Login to Me Too

Hiraeth
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, I tried live chat today, no go as there was never anyone available according to the site. I called the customer service number and managed to pay through the automated system. It asked for my account number, which I don’t know, but when I didn’t respond it asked for my SSN to find my account. Got the payment made and got a confirmation number. One thing to note though—if you do this make sure you use the automated system to do it, it informed me that if you want to talk to a live agent they’ll charge you $10.
Login to Me Too

pbquang

Has anyone been successful being able to make a payment yet?  My payment was due on the 28th, but I literally tried several times on the 28th and all through the weekend to get on the site in order to make a payment without any luck.  Of course I'm probably going to be hit with a late fee now despite the fact the issue is with the website.  Any idea whether this is an issue with PayPal, Synchrony, or both?

Login to Me Too

ScottyD1
Contributor
Contributor

pbquang,

No, it's still down. Your best best is to call them. I can't post the phone number because PayPal will automatically strip the phone number from the post when I click "Submit." So in my earlier post, I included a "here" link that will take you to the page with the phone number. That snippet from my earlier post is immediately below. And after that is Hirath's post from this morning. He mentions his experience with calling. It's worth reading and may save you $10!

Good Luck, pbquang.

ScottyD1

From my earlier post:

FYI -A phone number to pay by phone for PayPal Smart Connect can be found here:

From Hiraeth's post:

Okay, I tried live chat today, no go as there was never anyone available according to the site. I called the customer service number and managed to pay through the automated system. It asked for my account number, which I don’t know, but when I didn’t respond it asked for my SSN to find my account. Got the payment made and got a confirmation number. One thing to note though—if you do this make sure you use the automated system to do it, it informed me that if you want to talk to a live agent they’ll charge you $10.

Login to Me Too

simplevaboy
New Community Member
Only way I was able to pay was through the automated phone service; got a confirmation code. Just waiting now to see if the payment actually posts... The app and website will not work, and not for the first time. I have noticed it down since the 28th, when I got my statement reminder email. Synchrony support is basically non-existent. They have the same level of transparency PayPal and eBay do.
Login to Me Too

gadget069
Contributor
Contributor

whatever the issue was seems to be fixed. What a cluster F

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.