URGENT Trader not been paid - requesting another payment

Figgyfiggis
Contributor
Contributor
I've bought something and paid by pay pal. The transaction appeared to complete. The shop has rang to say they haven't been paid although there system is showing paid. I can't see any evidence that they've been paid either. They are sending an invoice so I can make the payment. Should I pay it please?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Figgyfiggis 

If the payment is showing as completed then the funds have transfered to the email address linked to the paypal account that you imputted.

So double check that email address and make sure that it is the one that belongs to the shop and you didn't make a spelling mistake / error.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Figgyfiggis 

If the payment is showing as completed then the funds have transfered to the email address linked to the paypal account that you imputted.

So double check that email address and make sure that it is the one that belongs to the shop and you didn't make a spelling mistake / error.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Figgyfiggis 

Tell merchant to contact PayPal customer service to investigate, you might as well contact PayPal too if the transaction shows complete:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Ask seller to see if the payment is subject to the PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold on their end.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Figgyfiggis
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you both so much for replying so quickly.  The payment has gone through now.  There seemed to be a delay of about 15 mins for some reason but should it happen again I would certainly as Paypal to investigate rather that making a second payment

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.