Two payments taken

Pinkbananapanda
New Community Member

Hi, Wondering if anyone can help. Paypal tried making a payment and there wasn't enought money in either my paypal account or my debit account. I added the money to my debit account,transfered it to paypal and payed the payment. I dont know why but paypal took 2 lots of the payment from my debit account and only one of them is showing up on my paypal activity. Any suggestions why this happened please?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Pinkbananapanda,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If a payment is declined by your primary funding source we will request the funds from your back up funding source, usually a credit/debit card. We attempt to retrieve the funds from your back up funding source twice. It sounds like you added funds from your bank account at the same time as we requested the funds from your card. In this case your card payment would be used to fund the payment and the amount you added from your bank account will be placed onto your PayPal account balance. You can then either withdraw these funds or use them to make a future payment.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

destini80
Contributor
Contributor
i spent 40 pound on the 29th aug but the funds were in my bank to cover that so as i spent 10 pound at a time the 10 pound was taken then the next day paypal took the full 40 pound from my bank aswel and i havnt got it back and it isnt in my pay pal balance either
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pinkbananapanda

If you pay a seller then normally Paypal credit that seller in advance and Paypal then apply to your bank for any remaining funds to reimburse them.

If that request fails then they will try again a bit later.

In the meantime you sorted out that debit amount but Paypal also did the same.

So your payment has sorted out the debit and then when Paypals debit amount arrives it will be credited to your Paypal balance. It can take 5-7 working days as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option so although it may have left your bank account it has not got to Paypal yet as it goes through automated clearing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.