Trying to pay invoice but no Credit Card option

Macca68
New Community Member

Hi, I've received an invoice from a merchant that I have been in direct communication with .  When I try to pay the invoice my only options are to pay after delivery or pay using my bank account.  When I try to change the payment method, my credit cards are saying that I cannot use them to make this payment.  I spoke to paypal this morning and the agent suggested that the merchant had not selected credit card payments as an option. The merchant has resent the invoice assuring me that he has selected the options to pay from Bank account or credit card however the problem is still there.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Macca68 

Maybe Merchant has to go into their Block payment settings:

https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/preferences/payments

I don't know how merchant can block credit card payments. I have heard of blocking bank payments but not credit card. The only thing I can think of is Advance Fraud Filters that the merchant is using and your PayPal account info and card info don't match or something:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/fmf/integration-guide/FMFSummary/#id07BDG0A0M5Z

Or its some sign for you not to buy or do this transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Macca68
New Community Member

Thanks.  I dont think he is trying to block credit cards as the second invoice he sent was at my request explaining what paypal advisor had said - so I cant think that he would send again without CC option.  Invoice is showing in my account now as pending so I'll have to get back in touch with Paypal to see if they know why credit card payment is not being provided as option.  I did try to pay as a 'guest' but my card was declined (by Paypal?).  CC has been used through Paypal recently over Christmas so is a known card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.