Trying to fix negative balance lead to NSF Fee?

TyRek
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys!

Recently ive had some problems with paypal and not sure where i should go from here. I bought a jacket with paypal but did not have the money in my bank account at the time which then i received and NSF fee in my bank account which is understandable but i managed to get the fee waived off. So when i log back into my paypal i see the my balance is negative because of the jacket so i tried to transfer the exact balance over to get rid of the negative fee and Paypal charges my account twice putting me into overdraft again and giving me another NSF Fee in my bank account which i have to pay for and to top it off my paypal balance is still in the negative even after they payment. 

What should i do? Can paypal refund me the money for the NSF Fee i had to pay on their behalf of charging me twice for the transaction? Also, can they clear up my negative balance with my proof of trying to transfer the money to my paypal balance and getting charged twice?

Thanks, Happy Holidays!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TyRek

If you buy something with not enough funds in your bank account then of course the bank will decline paypals request.

So paypal puts your account into negative and then will try again a few days later.

If that again fails then they will try your back up funding source ie a card.

IF in the meantime between paypal trying again YOU 'add' funds to your paypal balance to clear the negative balance then transfers from bank accounts to paypal are never instant so paypals second attempt may be tried at the same time so whichever payment reaches your paypal balance first will clear the neg and if the second clears shortly after then it would be credited to that balance.

But if you didn't have enough 'again' in your bank account when paypal tried the second time (after you had transfered funds and they were processing) then your bank would again decline.

So its your responsibility to make sure that the funds are available when paypal requests them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TyRek

If you buy something with not enough funds in your bank account then of course the bank will decline paypals request.

So paypal puts your account into negative and then will try again a few days later.

If that again fails then they will try your back up funding source ie a card.

IF in the meantime between paypal trying again YOU 'add' funds to your paypal balance to clear the negative balance then transfers from bank accounts to paypal are never instant so paypals second attempt may be tried at the same time so whichever payment reaches your paypal balance first will clear the neg and if the second clears shortly after then it would be credited to that balance.

But if you didn't have enough 'again' in your bank account when paypal tried the second time (after you had transfered funds and they were processing) then your bank would again decline.

So its your responsibility to make sure that the funds are available when paypal requests them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.