Trying to cancel , but won’t cancel , I made one digit mistake

calloz
Contributor
Contributor

I made one mistake in the address so it’s not being claimed , trying to cancel to resend but cancel button but not accepting , why do I have to wait 30 days when it obviously won’t be claimed & it says I can cancel . Thank you .

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @calloz

Thank you for getting in touch via the PayPal Community. 

I understand you have sent a payment to an incorrect email address or phone number. As this is the case, the payment will show as 'unclaimed'. 

If you are not seeing the option to cancel via the PayPal App, I would suggest logging into your account via the PayPal Website. 

Here’s how to cancel an unclaimed payment:

1. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  2. Find the transaction you want to cancel.
  3. Click Cancel under your unclaimed transaction.
  4. Click Cancel Payment.

Remember that you can cancel only unclaimed payments. If your payment is complete, you’ll need to contact the recipient of the payment and request a refund.

Tips:

• You can only cancel an unclaimed payment that has a Cancel link next to it under "Order Status/Actions."
  • If you used a credit card to make your payment, it may take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your statement.
  • If you used a transfer from your bank to make the payment the funds will be placed on your PayPal account balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank).

Otherwise, if you would like to contact us regarding this you can by clicking 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom left of any PayPal pages. 

Thank you. 

- Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.