Trust

Hcam81
Contributor
Contributor
Its my first time selling and using paypal. I have a buyer for my car and he has sent me the funds including the courier fees. But now my payment is on hold and I have to pay western union the courier fees in advance out of my own bank account and then wait for the buyer to send receipt of car before I get my payment. How trustworthy does this all sound? Please help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hcam81 

Scam. Is there a record of payment marked as on hold in your PayPal account, right this minute? If not, then you have not been paid. And PayPal never ask you to pay a third party payment processor such as Western Union or Moneygram and ask you to email in the receipt in order to receive your money.  That will never happen so you were sent a spoof/fake PayPal email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hcam81 

Scam. Is there a record of payment marked as on hold in your PayPal account, right this minute? If not, then you have not been paid. And PayPal never ask you to pay a third party payment processor such as Western Union or Moneygram and ask you to email in the receipt in order to receive your money.  That will never happen so you were sent a spoof/fake PayPal email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hcam81
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, thank you for confirming my suspicions. I also forwarded the email to <removed> and they also confirmed. He is now threatening legal action but there was no transaction in my account so he can try his best! Hopefully I have better luck with another buyer....thanks again 😁

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.