Troubles confirming my email address and therefore receiving payment.

edmend1219
New Community Member

Hi all, 

One of my friends sent me some money today but I am having problems confirming the address that it was sent to. Although the information works to login to the website, it shows an error message when confirming the email to receive payment and does not work.

Any Ideas on what to do? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@edmend1219 

Kindly use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer in accessing your PayPal account as may have to do with the browser.

Here's how to confirm your email address:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click Update next to the email address you want to confirm.
  3. Click Confirm this email and we'll send you an email.
  4. In the email we send you, click the Confirm your email button. At that time, you’ll be directed to the PayPal login page to enter your password and finalize the email confirmation process.

Once your email address is confirmed, you can accept payments and the money you receive will show in your PayPal balance. To be able to send payments, please ensure to link a bank account or a card to your PayPal account. If you send a payment that is greater than the amount on your PayPal balance, the difference will come from the bank account or card you have linked to your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

dougw9wi
New Community Member

FYI I had a similar issue.  No error messages, but after confirming my email address,I got no response whatsoever -- and my Primary email address still came up as "unconfirmed".  This resulted in two payments, for which I'd received email notification, not showing up.

The fix, in my case, was to use Firefox to confirm my email.  For some reason the PayPal website was unable to confirm when Chrome was used.  After confirming with Firefox, "unconfirmed" disappeared from my Primary email and the payments appeared under Activity.

FWIW, Firefox 82.0.3; Chrom[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] both running on Ubuntu Linux.  YMMV on Windows:)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.