Trouble with iTunes

shelbee
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using Paypal on my iTunes account for years.  Within the last week or so, iTunes is asking me to reconfirm my billing information.  When I go in to relink iTunes to my PayPal account, I'm getting the error message "Paypal account already exists for this person for the specified group app id."  I'm using the same account that I always have and so I'm not sure what changed.  Can anyone help??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem this week.  I called Apple and they said it was PayPal's fault.  I called PayPal and they said it was Apple's fault.  I wanted the two teams to talk to each other, but supposedly that's a hard thing to do. Supposedly you can log requests through www.paypal.com/mts but my internet company blocks that address.

Anyways...I just stumbled across this thread that may have led me to a solution.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8324694

Users mention going into iTunes and selecting "None" as the Payment Type and hitting "Done".  A lot of replies on that thread mention that it doesn't work. After I clicked "Done" I noticed that "PayPal" not "None" was still being displayed on the Apple ID Summary page.  I repeat the steps, selecting "None" and clicking "Done" and it appears to have worked as I instantly got charged for twice by Apple through PayPal.

If it works for anyone here, can they update the Apple page? For some reason why I try and hit reply, I'm not able to display the page anymore.  So many bugs!

Login to Me Too

acole9782
New Community Member

Thanks! Selecting NONE worked for me too!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@shelbee, @EXKonen5, and @acole9782,

Hi all! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been experiencing difficulties. The NONE option may not always work in situations where recent iTunes payments were reported as unauthorized, or if a payment was declined by the selected payment method on PayPal. If everything is resolved on the PayPal account, payments were authorized, and payment method methods updated, iTunes may still have a security block on the PayPal account itself. The best option at that point is to cancel the existing billing agreement to iTunes so a new one can be created: https://bit.ly/2ikETGS

I strongly encourage making sure everything is up to date and that passwords on both PayPal and iTunes are changed if there has been any security concerns before re-linking the accounts. If you continue to have any difficulties, please reach out to our or iTunes support to trouble shoot. 

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Help Forums, and I hope this helps! 

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

rafaelcanato
New Community Member

this also solved my issue!

Login to Me Too

iPhoneSupport12
New Community Member

I have a PayPal account and I have been using PayPal account on my iTunes account, and I have some problem when I going for payment its shows an error iTunes error 5105 and I don't know how to get the solution regarding this I already talked to the iPhone support team.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.