Transferring payment to pre-paid Visa

WilliamT1974
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase today on Facebook Marketplace and used PayPal to pay for it. The seller seemed satisfied with this and I received a receipt from Facebook Payments. Trouble is, the seller now says that they're not very PayPal savvy and haven't been able to receive the funds onto their prepaid Visa. That's not something I've ever tried to do, so I'm not much help. PayPal says the payment has been sent, but nothing about it having been received or transferred. Seller says he went ahead and mailed the item I purchased, so I want go make sure he has his $ . Any tips I can share with him? Thank you, -William

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WilliamT1974 wrote:
I made a purchase today on Facebook Marketplace and used PayPal to pay for it. The seller seemed satisfied with this and I received a receipt from Facebook Payments. Trouble is, the seller now says that they're not very PayPal savvy and haven't been able to receive the funds onto their prepaid Visa. That's not something I've ever tried to do, so I'm not much help. PayPal says the payment has been sent, but nothing about it having been received or transferred. Seller says he went ahead and mailed the item I purchased, so I want go make sure he has his $ . Any tips I can share with him? Thank you, -William

Depends on what country is his Paypal Account? Or if there is a problem with their card. If the payment is completed, any issues with withdrawing is their responsibility to contact PayPal customer service to fix it. But the seller seems to have received payment in their Paypal Account. I think you should tell them to contact PayPal Customer Service.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WilliamT1974
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. I'll tell them to contact PayPal customer service.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.