Transfer to friend by phone no

tusharj2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I transferred some money to a friend as share of the party which he paid for. I transferred him using his phone no. but later I got to know that he does not have a paypal account. Now I see the transaction succeeded but not sure if the right person received it. If not I need a refund for it how do it get it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tusharj2018,

I'm sorry to hear of the miscommunication between you and your friend. If there is an account associated with the phone number that you sent a payment to, that account will have received the money. If the payment was sent as a goods/services payment and you have not received anything, you can open a dispute for non-receipt. A friends/family payment does not provide the same option.

Typically, I would suggest to contact the recipient using the number to which you sent the payment, but it sounds like this number now belongs to your friend rather than the other individual. If there was an error, such as a mistyped number, you may be able to reach out to the number that was entered for the payment and reach the recipient to request a refund.

I wish you luck!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.