Transfer times

teotutulan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, sorry to disturb you, I have a weird question for you. I have been a paypal customer for a very long time and I never faced issues like this before! 

About 10 days ago, I have logged into my account and seen that I have a negative balance. I realised why the the balance was negative, so I went into the settings and I had no bank account added to paypal and not card either. 

I have added them and I have tried to send an amount of monies to a mate of mine. My friend told me that he received an c-checque that will be cleared in 10 days ? 

Also, I have tried to transfer monies from my bank account into paypal and the same it is taking ages . 

It was usually instantaneous. Sending the monies to and from my bank account it was taking usually 10 minutes (even less). Now it is taking ages ! 

Is there a reason for this ? 

Thanks ! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teotutulan 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

However if you have had a negative balance then paypal will want to reduce the risk of it happening again and will often make you take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.

It may be better for you to fund any payments via a card rather than your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

teotutulan
Contributor
Contributor

So, what you re telling me that the primary funding source should be the card and the not the bank account if I want fast transfers towards my friends and family. Rather than using the account. 

Now, let me ask you another question. Sometimes, when I sell something, the monies arrive on paypal account and then I transfer them to the bank account. Could you please tell me why the transfer is almost instantaneous ? You see my point here ? Is there a restriction that paypal puts on the accounts ? 

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.