Transfer money to myself

UCG-Musician
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to transfer money from one bank to another, reimbursing myself for a business expense that I paid for personally.  I have used both bank accounts with PayPal but only have one email address so I get an error that says I can't transfer money to myself.  Is there a way to get around this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

You need a different email with each PayPal account.

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

You need a different email with each PayPal account.

Kudos appreciated..
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @UCG-Musician and @MY-Canuck,

Thank you for your posts. Transferring funds from one financial credential in your name to another in your name using PayPal as a conduit is not the purpose of PayPal. If there is messaging in your account that tells you that something cannot be done, it should not be done. Using multiple accounts to somehow accomplish something that would not be permitted with one account is circumvention of controls of the PayPal system, and that may result in limitation of all of your accounts, possibly permanently.

I recommend reading the PayPal User Agreement and abiding by it as well as any messaging that appears telling you that something is not permitted, even if not explicitly stated in the agreement. 

I hope this helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Olivia User asked why he couldn't use same email. That was the question.
Kudos appreciated..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.