Transfer from PayPal to "Cash App" card?

Bergman
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to initiate a transfer from my PayPal account to my Cash App card last week. I was told by the automated system that my transfer will be under "security review" for up to 72 hours. After a long wait, the transfer was finally denied. I called PayPal and was told that there was an issue with their "transfer system", and that I should try again. I did, and was greeted with the same "security review" message. The rep assured me that it will not exceed 24 hours, and I clicked "proceed with transfer".

Now I'm left wondering if the issue is simply that I cannot transfer money from PayPal to my Cash App card. I did not get any other errors during the transfer. Does anyone have experience transferring money to the Cash App?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

BigDreach
Contributor
Contributor
I have been transfering money from paypal to my cash app for months with no problem until two days ago !
Login to Me Too

ShadMitchell
Contributor
Contributor
It won’t let you do it
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is not possible so don't even do it. It says so in the cash app help pages that there is no support for PayPal. Look it up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KozyKozmo
Contributor
Contributor

Copy your routing number and your account number from your cash app. Select “add bank” in PayPal. Paste your account and routing number. PayPal will give you instructions. Wait 1-2 business days to have your money disposited into your cash app. It worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Felicia930
Contributor
Contributor
I did this but in reverse. Hoping to cash a check from my paypal and then send it to my cash card through bank linked to PayPal. what do u think?? Good or nah??
Login to Me Too

KozyKozmo
Contributor
Contributor
As long is the bank is Lincoln savings bank, and assuming you can cash a check through PayPal, everything should work just fine.
Login to Me Too

ShawnteanaB
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it should work as long as you linked your cashapp card to PayPal and the check is in your name and everything
Login to Me Too

jprich
Contributor
Contributor
Didn't work for me. I tried 3-4 times, w/routing and acct #.
Login to Me Too

eantigua3
New Community Member

Thank You! and how do i log into this lincoln savings back to see my paypal transaction because paypal is asking me to verify that this is my bank by sending me 2 small deposits that i then have to put into my paypal so that they can confirm that its my bank?

Login to Me Too

Gypsiblu
Contributor
Contributor
Its a routing number owned by wells Fargo. You have to do the manual slow verification. Enter your info and wait until they post 2 small deposits then verify them. I did it. It works but not quickly
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.