Transfer Money to Myself?

Salez
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way I can transfer PayPal Credit money to my checking account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Salez, that's a great question! Thank you for reaching out through our community forum. Thank you @Centaurette for weighing in on this conversation. Just to alleviate any confusion on this process, PayPal Credit is not permitted to be used to send yourself money. However, PayPal Credit is still a great way to send money as Friends and Family (with a fee) and to make a purchase where PayPal Credit is accepted (almost anywhere in the US and UK), but sending yourself money through PayPal Credit would be considered a cash advance and is not allowed per our user agreement .

Thank you everyone again for participating in our Community Forum and have a wonderful day!

-Jon

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Tootsie43
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Surprised I've been trying to find out the answer to that myself.  Please let me know when they answer you and if it is helpful.

Confused with You,

Tootsie

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Salez -

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community.

Regrettably, you wouldn't be able to transfer funds from your PayPal Credit account to yourself. At this time, you may send funds to another recipient’s email address. The transaction will appear on your monthly PayPal Credit statement. When you use PayPal Credit to send money, a flat fee of 2.9% + $.30 US dollars (USD) per transaction is included in your payment total. This is the same fee you pay when you use a debit or credit card to send money through PayPal. 

To complete the send funds, it would need to be completed using a computer, this option is not available on mobile devices.

I do hope this helps.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

raoulbax1
New Community Member
Ok and can the recipient put it in their checking account right away or does it take days? Also, can we use Paypal credit cash advance option to pay bills online?
Login to Me Too

dboughner
New Community Member
I know this is an older thread but how come when I try to use paypal credit to send to anyone, it says the recipient doesn't accept this form of payment? I've tried it with 6 different receivers. Please help. I'm afraid to use it on ebay because if I win an auction, the same thing might happen. So far paypal credit is worthless. Please help. I'd like to transfer money to someone.
Login to Me Too

YungEsco
New Community Member

I've been having the same issue. I can't use paypal credit as a form of payment. After I try I get a prompt that reads; "Seller isn't eligible to accept PayPal Credit", "You're buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported", and "You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account." Oddly, the seller does accept PayPal Credit, is within the US, and I don't have any additional services connected to my PayPal account other than PayPal credit.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@YungEsco wrote:

I've been having the same issue. I can't use paypal credit as a form of payment. After I try I get a prompt that reads; "Seller isn't eligible to accept PayPal Credit", "You're buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported", and "You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account." Oddly, the seller does accept PayPal Credit, is within the US, and I don't have any additional services connected to my PayPal account other than PayPal credit.

could it be your Paypal credit has been suspended?

Login to Me Too

JazzieSkittle

When the recipient recieves the funds from my paypal credit, is that person able to then transfer that money to their checking or savings account?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes.

Be careful, however, if the goal is to get the money back to yourself.

You will also pay a fee and if you don't pa when due you will have added interest.

Login to Me Too

Happycoingirl64
Contributor
Contributor
I think it is very misleading of Psypal credit to not have had (Transfer money from Pp credit to Pp debit card or yoyr own bank) Since they are pushing a product of ya borrowing thier money. Why should it matter what way we transact our purchases? Not explaining this outright from the beginning has wasted me untold hours of research. I am sorry but people dont appreciate time wasted. Otherwise I love your products!!!😎😄😊😀🙂😐😄😁😀😉😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.