Transaction

midginge1
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased something online last night and then found out it was a fraudulent site which has now been removed. I tried to put it through on the resolution centre and said it was an unauthorized transaction but the closed the case. When I tried to open another case it won't allow me too. Will I get my £76 back?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@midginge1 

You should have opened a dispute for non receipt of item.

An unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was you that made the transaction then they would close it.

You are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction so your options are, if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you OR you can 'try' and contact customer services and explain you made a mistake and see if they will open a dispute for non receipt of item for you...........this is not guaranteed as they don't have to due to their 1 dispute per transaction policy.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.