Transaction pending

JoshG174
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Will try and keep it short and sweet. I currently have an iPhone up for sale. I have had a customer contact me through Sphock saying they will transfer the funds via PayPal. They said they are from Birmingham but would like the phone sent to Houston, Texas as it’s for their uncle. They asked me for my email address to send the funds but then the next day gave me their email to request the funds. The email address and the name on the account are completely different. They claim to have sent the money I requested and I even received a very legitimate looking email from PayPal. However nothing has come through in my PayPal account and the status still says pending. Finally the customer is saying that to Release the funds I have to ship the iPhone off and then send proof of shipping to PayPal and they will release the funds from pending and into my account. This has scam written all over it to me? Am I right? Thank you in advance Josh

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.