Transaction has been declined to comply with international regulations

academicavenue
New Community Member

My clients are unable to pay using the payment link i am sending them and the error message says "Transaction has been delclined to comply with international regulations".

Please update me if this can be resolved .

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MITAKE
Contributor
Contributor
I had this problem and fixed it by going to my Account Summary page and Confirmed my identity. Apparently from time to time they block a payment to confirm the Account owner. PAYPAL INFO - If you’re experiencing issues using some of your account functionality, like withdrawing or using funds, sending money or adding funds to your account it’s likely we need you to confirm your identity. To do this, please log into your account and follow the notification icons, or visit Confirm Your Identity page to resolve.
Login to Me Too

fr0mphilippines
New Community Member
Spoiler

Done confirming my identity by submitting proof of ID and proof of billing address. My client from Australia still cannot send through my payment. The prompt she sent is "Transaction has been declined to comply with international regulations" 😞

Login to Me Too

MITAKE
Contributor
Contributor
Hi it's the person sending the money that may need to re-identify themselves on paypal
Login to Me Too

DennisMyChoice
New Community Member

I currently have 5 active PayPal invoices customers cannot pay either cc or with paypal account

with same reason and link Return to Seller's website

If customers order via website the paypal online process works fine as it always has.

this is only paypal manually created invoices and appears to have started 28/29 October

have lost 2 customers so far.

paypal rejection.png

Login to Me Too

Stevelc
New Community Member

Same for me, only been getting this lately, went to confirm my identity and all good, so no idea how to fix

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.