Transaction declined due to international regaulations

nolas
New Community Member

Trying to pay UK invoice from Australia.  Being declined due to international regulations.  What does that mean.  Can't contact Paypal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @nolas,

Welcome to our Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear a recent payment has been declined due to an International Regulation. Unfortunately, PayPal is normally unable to provide more details as to what regulation is being triggered or why, however I can say that PayPal is required to comply with local, federal, and international regulation in the countries it operates. This means that if a certain factor about a transaction is prohibited by one of those laws or regulations, PayPal would not be able to process that transaction. My apologies for any inconvenience this may present. 

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PsBabycakes
Hi there I had the same issue and thought I had tried everything with no luck. So I went to my wallet last night and on my preferred payment methods it said that I needed to verify my Mastercard. I had changed my Mastercard on the website a few weeks ago and just thought it was all set up but didn’t realise I had to do the whole verification process again like when I signed up years ago. Once I had verified my new Mastercard my purchase went through. Hope this helps 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.