Transaction Pending (for 30 days)

LoriDawn

I have been completely frustrated with the way PayPal handled a recent issue. I was on Delta Airlines and needed to use my PayPal account to purchase a ticket. In the process of completing the transaction, Delta Airlines website told me there was a problem with their website and to try again later. When I clicked again it said the airfare had increased due to high demand. I had no option to void or cancel the transaction, no ticket was issued and PayPal put those funds in a "pending transaction" status for 30 days. I needed these funds to book another flight. I called PayPal and they told me to call Delta. I called Delta and they told me to call PayPal. I called PayPal and they said there's nothing they can do. After three days of getting the run around I finally demanded to speak with a "supervisor" who told me she could email the administrator on the Delta end and ask them to release the funds. I am still waiting for those funds to be released. My question is: Why was I put through this frustratioon and why did I have to get so aggressive before this could be accomplished? For three days I heard "Unfortunately there is nothing we can do," when all along there was something they could do. Now I am waiting for that money to be released and praying that it happens soon so I don't miss booking my trip. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LoriDawn 

PayPal cannot cancel a pending authorization agreement. That's between you and the merchant. When Merchant has canceled/voided the transaction or it failed, the pending may still remain for until it expires on it's own, a week or so (or when delta's systems releases it), or up to 30 days. The system is automated. They don't expect that people's finances are so tight where the same funds have to be released before another order can be made. It's just your circumstances coming head to head and clash with how these" automated transaction systems" or whatever you want to call it, works.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JamesMrad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, has ur issue been solved or still not plz? I'm having the same issue now with ryanair 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.