Transaction History older than 3 years

Jefferz
New Community Member

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I need to look into a payment I made via PayPal for a subscription over three years ago. Does PayPal allow you to look up transactions older than 3 years?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jefferz

Go to "activity" top of your paypal page > on the right of the page under "simple / detailed" click on statements > activity export > then on the left of that page under history click on advanced > then in the drop down box under "find a transaction" you can search by email / name / date etc etc etc OR you can click on advanced instead of basic and go back year by year.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jefferz

Go to "activity" top of your paypal page > on the right of the page under "simple / detailed" click on statements > activity export > then on the left of that page under history click on advanced > then in the drop down box under "find a transaction" you can search by email / name / date etc etc etc OR you can click on advanced instead of basic and go back year by year.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MrRP
New Community Member

This isn't working for me - I can't find the simple/detailed option. Has the page appearance changed since this last message maybe?

Login to Me Too

slaberge
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Jefferz

Something must have changed. After selecting "Activity Export" under "Statements", the page that comes up, ("Reports") does not have a "History" option, nor an "Advanced" option. There is a "Transaction Finder" but it only goes back to 2015. As for your OR... I don't see anywhere to select "advanced instead of basic and go back year by year."

Many people need access to their financial reports from the past. Surely PayPal has not made this impossible?

Login to Me Too

mwskakal
Contributor
Contributor

@slaberge wrote:

@kernowlass wrote:

@Jefferz

Something must have changed. After selecting "Activity Export" under "Statements", the page that comes up, ("Reports") does not have a "History" option, nor an "Advanced" option. There is a "Transaction Finder" but it only goes back to 2015. As for your OR... I don't see anywhere to select "advanced instead of basic and go back year by year."

Many people need access to their financial reports from the past. Surely PayPal has not made this impossible?

I also wish to access my transaction history older than 3 years.

Login to Me Too

wbblackburn
New Community Member

do i not have the right kind of account or is this an old post with outdated info? I see no drop down, nothing says export and calendar date stops in May 2015. i need to track a pmt in Oct/Noiv 2012

Login to Me Too

fycn
New Community Member

the correct solution is https://www.paypal.com/history

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Oubliette

Thank you, this was driving me crazy.

Somewhat frustrating the Paypal can't tell people this!

Paul

Login to Me Too

LaurieLH
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but when I go to the page https://www.paypal.com/history the furthest the date field will let me go back is three years. 

So I, too, still have the problem of not being able to access my transactions more than three years ago.

Login to Me Too

bfrecon
Contributor
Contributor

Does not work for me either, I tried everything listed above but can only see back to Dec 2018

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.