Total newbie here... help!

ZR88

I have no idea what information i need to a person who is suposed to send me money.

I tought it was my bank account, but he replied with this : You were suppose to send me your paypal name and email for the payment to be made to your account not that bank card number

What is my paypal name, and he allready knows my emal over which we are communicating.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZR88

You should NEVER send someone your bank or card information, the whole point of paypal is to keep those details confidential.

The only information he needs is your paypal email address that identifies that account.

The fact he is asking for your NAME is suspicious, a lot of scammers do that so that they can send you 'fake' paypal emails in your full name to look convincing and telling you that you have to send the item first before the funds are credited to your paypal account once you have sent them a tracking number THIS IS A SCAM so be very careful as paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before being paid and the funds SHOWING in your paypal account balance.

Any concerns post back.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ZR88

Funny thing is he didnt even ask for my CD number. Man i am so new to this credit card thing, been using cash for the whole of my life, just recently have i oppened a foreign currency account.

Now reading your responce sound a bit like it could be a scam, but again... he found an advert for my bike, agreed to a price and waiting for payment according to our agreement. He neve asked for my CD number... so im not sure. Now got an email from him asking and stating my correct name and email... as i told him i dont understand, should i reply that he is correct? My ballance on my bank account and PP account is almost zero... should i be worried?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZR88

If he starts saying that he will send a shipping agent or courier to collect the bike and / or you have to pay the fee upfront before the funds are released then its a scam.

I think it is a scam but you can let it roll out a bit first if you want to check, but no funds in your paypal balance = not been paid, even if they were on 'hold' they would still show in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ZR88

Ok, i will roll with it for a bit and try to determine what is going one. If someone does com to see the bike, and i get the transfer, then its all ok i guess.

Thank you so much for the support, id like to shake your hand and buy you a beer for beeng so helpfull 🙂

Login to Me Too

ZR88

I have recived an email fron the guy that seems soooo suspicous. its long, i see i cant copy it here.. can i send it to you for you evaluation ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZR88

Not sure how you can send me a message.

Just copy and paste a couple of sections from it and i can judge from that i think.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.