Time for payments sent to clear

KevinRH
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a payment 48 hours ago and the recipient still hasn't received it. The payment is still showing as pending. How long will it take for the payment to clear?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KevinRH,

Thank you for your post. In each country, there may be different requirements. If that was the first payment received, they may have had to complete steps to accept the payment, such as identity confirmation or to decide what to do about a currency conversion option.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KevinRH 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.
6. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KevinRH
Contributor
Contributor

Just says pending.

PayPal have taken the money from my bank but not sent it on to the recipient.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KevinRH 

Are you sure it doesn't say unclaimed anywhere OR a clearance date?

If not then have you sent it in the same currency? Are they in the same country?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KevinRH
Contributor
Contributor

No...It only says pending. The recipients account says pending too.

I sent it from my bank account in Thailand, THB to the recipient in the UK so GBP

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @KevinRH,

Thanks for posting.

Without being able to check your account it is hard to tell why this payment might be pending. If this is still the case I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team. You will find our contact details by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also reach us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal or on Twitter @AskPayPal.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

KevinRH
Contributor
Contributor

I finally found out that the recipient had to manually accept the payment.

I have never know this before. Paying someone or transferring money would happen immediately. No need for the person receiving the money to do anything. In fact I had someone send me a payment from America just recently and as usual, the money appeared in my PayPal account without me doing anything.

It is a real pain when something that works so well has to be changed for no apparent reason.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KevinRH,

Thank you for your post. In each country, there may be different requirements. If that was the first payment received, they may have had to complete steps to accept the payment, such as identity confirmation or to decide what to do about a currency conversion option.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

KevinRH
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Olivia.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.