Ticket Sales with a cap on ticket numbers in Paypal?

Silkyrita
Contributor
Contributor

Can I sell tickets through paypal that will allow me to put a cap on how many are sold? Or is paypal only for goods and services?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Silkyrita. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. We're here to help!

It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding as to how PayPal works. PayPal is a payments processor, not an ecommerce platform. There's no need to cap the number of payments you might receive via PayPal since we have no control over that aspect of anyone's business.

If you sell items on an ecommerce platform such as eBay or StubHub or Depop or Grailed, you would list items and sell them in accordance with their terms and conditions. However, you could sell items via your own website or another marketplace like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist and ask buyers to send payments to your PayPal account.

There are many ways you might receive payments into a PayPal account. The most basic approach is to give someone your PayPal email address and have them use that to send a payment when they log on to their PayPal account. You could send a buyer a request or invoice from your PayPal account and they would be able to send you a payment by replying to the request or invoice. Buyers would need to select Goods and Services for the transaction since you are selling something. A ticket would be considered goods even if it's provided digitally or virtually to a buyer.

Please check out the different ways you can receive payments by navigating to https://www.paypal.com and clicking on Business at the top of the page. Click Help at the top or bottom of the page to navigate to the Help Center where you will find lots of great articles on every conceivable topic related to PayPal.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your interest in PayPal!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Silkyrita. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. We're here to help!

It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding as to how PayPal works. PayPal is a payments processor, not an ecommerce platform. There's no need to cap the number of payments you might receive via PayPal since we have no control over that aspect of anyone's business.

If you sell items on an ecommerce platform such as eBay or StubHub or Depop or Grailed, you would list items and sell them in accordance with their terms and conditions. However, you could sell items via your own website or another marketplace like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist and ask buyers to send payments to your PayPal account.

There are many ways you might receive payments into a PayPal account. The most basic approach is to give someone your PayPal email address and have them use that to send a payment when they log on to their PayPal account. You could send a buyer a request or invoice from your PayPal account and they would be able to send you a payment by replying to the request or invoice. Buyers would need to select Goods and Services for the transaction since you are selling something. A ticket would be considered goods even if it's provided digitally or virtually to a buyer.

Please check out the different ways you can receive payments by navigating to https://www.paypal.com and clicking on Business at the top of the page. Click Help at the top or bottom of the page to navigate to the Help Center where you will find lots of great articles on every conceivable topic related to PayPal.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your interest in PayPal!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.