This transaction is blocked due to regulatory compliance reasons

M4E610
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was supposed to receive a payment from a certain website. However, the transaction didn't go through due to the following error:

{"name":"REGULATORY_BLOCKED","message":"This transaction is blocked due to regulatory compliance reasons","information_link":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/payments.payouts-batch/#errors","details ":[]}

I have a verified MasterCard linked to my account, so anyone knows what the issue is?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

M4E610
Contributor
Contributor

@Anamo6 Yeah I figured out the solution. I'm from Egypt, and for some reason, only Visa cards can receive money here (I currently use a prepaid one). Mastercards don't work.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Anamo6
Contributor
Contributor
Is this problem has been solved? I'm in the same situation and I have no idea of what I'm supposed to do now to fix the problem, please help!
Login to Me Too
Solved

M4E610
Contributor
Contributor

@Anamo6 Yeah I figured out the solution. I'm from Egypt, and for some reason, only Visa cards can receive money here (I currently use a prepaid one). Mastercards don't work.

Login to Me Too

Asmaa9
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same problem and my PayPal account is verified by Visa card
Login to Me Too

omar_3l0

same here, did u find any solutions ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @omar_3l0 

Welcome and thanks for posting yor question in the PayPal Help Community!

Sorry to hear about your recent transaction which is blocked due to compliance reasons. As a part of security measures, PayPal reviews every activity and transaction initiated through the system before its approved. Some times, the system may not be able to process the transaction due to compliance reasons. If the transaction is not processed, you should have received an email with further details, I suggest you to check the details in the email for more information. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Teckyteck
Contributor
Contributor
Hey dude Thanks for your help but I want to ask about specific situation . I created a PayPal account and I didn't link a debit card or bank account yet and site in working with sent me statements with money payed out to my PayPal account but my PayPal account is 0.00 . Should I link a debit card first to show on my account ?!! And this message showed on the site I work with also ( Your payment failed with the error: This transaction is blocked due to regulatory compliance reasons ) Im from Egypt also
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teckyteck 

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mambomac
New Community Member
I am from Singapore. I am facing this issue to transfer to US PayPal account user from 8 Jan. I have been able to send without issues.
Login to Me Too

how did you solve it I still face the same problem I use the Yalla visa from Egypt post

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.