This recipient accepts paypal payments only through their website

ruback
Contributor
Contributor

My friend can't send me money through the paypal.me link, and get this error message: "This recipient accepts paypal payments only through their website". As I know, accounts from my country (Russia) allowed to receive money. Where is a problem?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi ruback,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Yes, customers in Russia can receive payments. Have you checked the settings on your paypal.me account? If the settings are set to receive commercial payments through a website only then this may be the reason why your friend cannot complete the payment.

I would also recommend asking your friend to send the payment to you using an email address, just to check that you can still receive payments as normal through your PayPal account. 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Stas100
New Community Member
My friend is using my email address to try send me money, yet this error keeps popping up about only accept PayPal payments through website .... what can it be? I am in stvincent and the grenadines and my friend is trying to send from Barbados
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stas100 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in your country.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.