This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website....(both in USA)

Bloodraven187
New Community Member

A friend is trying to send me some money to help moving. He keeps getting the same error message:

This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.

Research online says this comes from the sender/recipient being in a country not supported for funds transfers. Problem is we're both int the US. Maryland for me Pennsylvania for him. So this should not be an issue. I don't have a website for him to go through, and the paypal.me link give him the same error.

I saw some references to payment security options but I can't find those options on my profile, anywhere.
Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Bloodraven187
New Community Member

Also tried a request to him and it kicks back an error message to me saying there is a problem with my account, but no indication what that might be.
And yes I know at that point I need to call customer service in all likelihood, but at it is 3:30 AM here I am hoping someone can give me a clue as to what to look for or at that might be causing the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.