Third Party charged for my purchase in error

Paula2210
Contributor
Contributor
Was shopping 22/10/20 online at Dorothy Perkins, placed an order and opted for PayPal method of payment signing in using Face ID and completing purchase via my PayPal, well that’s what I thought at the time. Dorothy Perkins sent an order confirmation email and believed all was well. Goods arrived several days later and as far as I was concerned, that was it, job done. That was until 8th December when the Police arrived at my door investigating what they thought was a fraudulent transaction. It transpired, some 3rd party unknown to myself had been charged in error by PayPal, despite me logging in and paying through my own account. At a total loss as to how this could happen, PayPal helpline staff in denial that something like this could occur and told me not to be concerned. I requested that correct payment should be made, taken from my PayPal account, since third party had been refunded. PayPal was unable to levy any recharge on my account, as they needed the name of Third party and his email address, to investigate further. Clearly I don’t possess these personal details of this unknown 3rd party. Tried to contact Dorothy Perkins to make payment, but since they went into Administration in recent days, their manned offices have temporarily closed. At a total loss as to how this should be resolved
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.